2012-2013 Opening of School General Information
(Opening of School links to specific divisions can be found at the end of this page)
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL! The following information should help you prepare for the beginning of the new school year. Please don't hesitate to call your Division Director if you have any questions.
St. Paul's Student-Parent Handbook - The Student-Parent Handbook is available online on the school website under the parent section. Parents and students are asked to be familiar with the contents of the handbook. It is necessary for each family to go online and electronically sign the 2012-2013 Student-Parent Handbook Acknowledgment Form and submit this on or before the first day of class.
The handbook is an invaluable source of information regarding academic programs of study, policies, procedures, personnel, and calendar items. Please pay particular attention to the following areas:
- Attendance Policy- p. 5
- School Sponsored off-campus trips – p. 6
- Uniform Policy - p. 7-13; Out of uniform policy for Upper School - p. 8
- Harassment/Bullying Policy- p. 37
- Use and storage of cell phones during the school day - p. 53-54
- St. Paul’s Code of Conduct - p. 56
School Uniforms - School Uniforms and P.E. uniforms are required for Grades PreK-12. Please see our Uniform section for grade specific requirements. SPS shorts and T-shirts are available in the campus store.
Campus Store - During the school year, the St. Paul’s Campus Store will be open from 7:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. It is located on the main campus near the Bedsole Building. Items available are:
|Textbooks, all grades
|Calculators, all grades
|School socks for girls
||Gift Items for all Occasions
- PreK-2 Supply Kits and workbooks will be available in your student’s classroom on Parent Preview Day.
- 3-4: Supply Kits and workbooks will be available in your student’s classroom on Parent Preview Day.
- 5-6: Supply Kits have been pre-purchased and are available for pick up in the Campus Store.
- 7-8: If you elected to pre-purchase a supply kit for your student, it can be picked up from the Campus Store. Click here for the 7th & 8th Grade Supply List
- 9-12: Supplies for these grade levels are available for purchase in the campus store. Click here for the Upper School Supply List
Locks and Lockers
- Grades PreK-4: No locks are required for these grade levels
- Grade 5-12: School approved locks for school lockers and PE lockers should be purchased in Campus Store.
*Full Dress Uniforms should be worn on picture dates.
- PreK-2 Thursday, September 13 – Regular school uniform
- 3-4: Thursday, August 16 – Girls should wear Full Dress Uniform (jumper) on this date.
- 5-8: Wednesday, September 12 *
- 9-12: Tuesday, September 11*
- PreK-2: Tuesday, September 18, from 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
- 3-4: TBA
- 5-8: TBA
- 9-12: Monday, August 27, 2012, from 5:30 p.m -6:30 p.m.
Certificate of Immunization - Under Alabama State Law, no student may attend school without Certificate of Immunization. Students with the blue certificate already on file do not need an additional certificate. Children entering Kindergarten and any new student must also have an IMM-90. This certificate states that a second dose off MMR has been administered.
Cafeteria - The 1st Semester meal plan for grades 3-12 is available under Campus Services - Cafeteria. Menus and order forms for grades PreK-2 will be sent home after school begins. PreK-2 students should bring a daily snack. Jon Laycock is the cafeteria manager; please call him at 461-2150 with any questions.
Opening of School Grades PreK - 4
Opening of School Grades 5 - 8
Opening of School Grades 9 - 12
Click here for a printable copy of this page.